March 18 2007

Even I am surprised I made it out to the garden the day after St. Patty's Day. But I had tomato plants I needed to get into the ground. The weekend before me and 4 others gardeners came in and cleaned up the garden of all the overgrown, weed choked plots and trimmed back trees and shrubs. Someone had left over FEMA blue tarp we used to cover the empty plots.




In the photo above you can see my wheelbarrel full of compost and my tomato plants. Composting is ridiculously easy here since it so hot and wet.


You can see my seeded stuff is coming along nicely except for the parsley (front left). It's odd that the cilantro is doing well (front right) because it never does well. Here you see my freshly tilled and composted plot. I forgot take a photo after I planted the tomatoes. I was probably so tired I just wanted to go home and shower and forgot.

No comments: